Our workouts are challenging/hard. If it were
easy, it would be mediocre, making us mediocre, which means you wouldn’t respect what you have earned or what we do. What’s more, because it is hard
and only continues to get harder, in three months you will look back on these workouts and treat them as merely warm-ups. We do not guarantee “easy.” We
guarantee “safety and results” if you are listening and putting forth the effort.
Our CrossFit gym is not like your typical gym; we’re cool with loud music, use of chalk, working out barefoot, and dropping your weights. That being said, there are a few things we want everyone to do to make sure things are running smoothly.
1. Be friendly – We have a lot of new members, and whether you fall into this category or you are a long time client, if you don’t know someone, introduce yourself. We are a community, and one in which we want everyone to interact. This is what sets us apart from the Globo gyms – take advantage of it!
2. Be on time – do we really need to explain why this is important? It’s disrespectful of everyone’s time to show up late and if you do, please get ready and jump in with the group as fast and with as little disruption as possible. Not to mention you miss out on important mobility and warm up time. Be prepared for tardiness burpees…
3. Empty bars don’t bounce – barbells with rubber bumper plates are designed to be dropped. Empty barbells are not, especially the lighter ones. This also applies to metal dumbbells, iron plates, and the kettlebells. Please be respectful of the equipment.
4. Control your bounces – bumper plates bounce and usually sideways, especially the 10s and 15s. Never, ever drop a bar and walk away. We would hate to see your bar smash the shins of your fellow athlete beside you. Keep your hands in contact with the bar as you drop and control where it goes.
5. Check your ego at the door – Everybody sucks at something, so be prepared to handle it like an adult when we find your thing. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem! It’s ok to have an off day too, and trying to push the weight or speed when you can’t handle it is a recipe for injury. Don’t come in with a laundry list of excuses, just accept the reality of the day and move on. Grunting, swearing, and screaming are all accepted practices inside our walls but please no tantrums, fits, or pouting. You can cry, just don’t be a baby.
6. When you finish a workout – Good job! Now, hang out for a little and relax. There is no race to strip your bar down after you complete the metcon. All you do is create a larger obstacle course for people to deal with while they are still doing their workout. Go ahead and rest up to the side and let everyone else finish the wod. Once everyone finishes, then everyone breaks down together. After everyone breaks down, hang out for a little and have a good time.
7. Pick up your stuff – When you are done with your workout and heading out for the day, make sure you put all your bands, clips, barbells and weights away. Make sure you are taking everything you brought with back home with you… including shoes, clothes, water bottles etc. We don’t want to have to create a lost property bucket!
8. Give encouragement – We encourage you to support your fellow CrossFitter with “c’mon, one more rep!” and we hate to see people finish their workout and not give support to those that are still slugging it out! We know that members have good intentions when they start giving coaching cues, but there is a big difference between “c’mon one more rep” and “you need to (do this or that)…”. One member giving another member coaching cues might offend the person that is doing the workout, or provide misinformation on the technique. If you see something that looks unsafe, grab a coach, that’s what we are here for.
We are a coaching/training facility. If you are used to paying only $35-$50 at your YMCA or other gym, you are paying for an access fee only. Here at CF830, you are paying for a workout ready when you walk through the door, continuous coaching and teaching throughout each workout, and anything else we can do to get your fitness to the next level.
29 Years experience
L-1 CrossFit Coach
Please "Like" our Facebook page for daily updates and current information. You will find a lot more information and pictures there.
Fredericksburg location has moved to a larger facility